Sunday, June 8, 2008

Life Is Moving Right Along!


Our oldest daughter, Christy had a birthday recently and celebrated it to the hilt with two of her brothers, their wives and another great couple who are dear friends. They all spent the weekend at their cabin, swimming, golfing, playing games, eating and visiting. That's my Christy! She loves family and friends and makes things happen. I can't think of a better way to celebrate a birthday - especially a big one!

It's amazing all the thoughts and memories that play through your mind on such an occasion. Mainly the old cliche, "Where did the time go?" Where is that little baby girl that delighted us all so when she was born, making our family so complete (for then) as she followed her two brothers. Life couldn't have been sweeter. I used to say that she was never a moments trouble to me because any work she required was so much more than compensated for by the great joy she brought every day. (I wish my scanner worked so I could display a baby picture - What a doll!)

Now she's not only a mom herself (six children) but her own babies are growing up very quickly! Two will be in high school this next year and her youngest is no longer a baby but a very perky little 4 year old who has her life quite under control! One day even she will be grown just like my Christy.

How could there be any greater joy than family. I'm so very grateful for each one in our clan. We will total 51 when the two expected grandchildren are born. People sometimes ask if I know all their names and that question is so far from reasonable that I can't believe they ask. Each one is so embedded in my heart! I guess they'll never understand until they have been there.

2 comments:

Shawni said...

I agree...Christy is so great, and family is the best. We are so excited about the possibility of coming up for the 4th of July!

The Jarvis Family said...

Thanks mom. I love you.