Sunday, June 8, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!

Today is my birthday and I'm spending it reading your blogs and writing my own. I attended church this morning but Bob has church at the university ward on a completely different schedule so we don't see each other during the day on Sundays. I'll look forward to tonight when we will have dinner together and then go to Sam and Nancy's for birthday cake. What a delight to have them near - having family close makes all the difference! They should be able to move into their home this week so I'll take pictures and post them soon.



We celebrated our 44th anniversary and my 64th birthday by taking a trip to Jackson Lake Lodge and the beautiful Teton National Forest. We enjoyed staying at the lodge, hiking around some new areas, and viewing some great documentaries on bears and how the mountains and valley were formed. Our adventure included a boat tour of Jackson Lake, exploring further the grandeur and beauty of the area.



Unfortunately, spring has not arrived in Jackson quite yet so the foilage was not at its peak which means we look forward to visiting again later in the summer. Actually, it snowed on Saturday, mainly just whisps of snow lightly falling, creating a great cloud cover off and on that manages to completely hide the mountains - wouldn't even know they were there. However, just like life, the clouds passed through, listing to revealed the glory they were concealing and created a view more spectacular than ever.



The best part of all was being with my sweetheart! I am grateful beyond words that we have had these 44 years together and I only pray that our time together will never end. As I see people lose their companions it deepens my gratitude. I don't take it for granted, never have.

No comments: