Sunday, May 25, 2014

Ghana

In just over a month we are headed to Ghana for 10 weeks.  I'm anxious to learn something more about keeping a blog since I feel that might be the best way to keep a journal and be able to share our experience with family and some friends.  My blog is private and I've yet to decide if I will open it, but I may.  That way, those who are interested can see what we are doing and those who are not, are not bothered by e-mails, pictures, etc.  I haven't been a great picture taker recently.  Others do such a better job of that, but I will need to take pictures in Ghana to help record and remember this experience.

I must admit I'm a little nervous about this venture.  I keep saying, "It will be interesting, maybe not comfortable, but interesting."  The motivation is to bless the lives of those sweet saints in Africa who have such limited resources compared to all we enjoy. I hope I can be patient with the inconveniences and culture changes and make a heartfelt loving contribution. We are stepping into the dark, not knowing exactly what we can accomplish but this is the Lord's work and we will trust him to show us the way.

No comments: