Monday, July 19, 2010

The "Mancation"

We returned last night from the Milwaukee/Chicago "Mancation". That's what they called it. Many of the men in our family gathered for a weekend of manly fun. They went to a Cubs game, ate Chicago pizza, played golf, went water skiing, even included a new movie and Five Guys and Fries. They all bunked at Bob and Virginia's where Virginia made sure they were met with every food they could desire! I understand the steak BBQ was amazing!

The women, in the meantime, laid low. I spent my time between Kara, Hallie & Hunter and Virginia and Cameron. This included wading in the water-flushed curbs, sprinklers on the trampoline, playing board games, building with blocks, lots of pretending, attending Cam's Baseball game, a massage and tacos. I loved the talks with my incredible daughter-in-laws. I love both of them so dearly. They are some of my best friends.

There aren't a lot of pictures because men don't do that sort of thing. Hopefully, someone will have something to remind them. Yes, those little boys do grow into men...but they retain their love for the physical things. Hopefully, they are not the worse for wear.

1 comment:

Nichols Family said...

Miss Wisconsin and Chicago area. Glad you had a fantastic time!! Can't wait to see you in AUG.