Wednesday, June 11, 2014

The Big Birthday

O.K. It finally happened. Yes, I had another birthday and this was a big one! The occasion was made sweeter, however, because our whole family was gathered to celebrate. Since I was married just 6 days before my 20th birthday, our 50th wedding anniversary and my 70th birthday were celebrated in the same weekend. It worked out well. We all attended the 30th Ward where all our children attended growing up then returned to the house for Lasagna and birthday cake before everyone departed. Bob made his first ever birthday cake and I let him! It was delicious! 

 I've been anticipating this new decade for some time and now it has happened. It's really quite amazing. When I was younger I never thought about being 70 and now here I am. I guess I'll just embrace it and celebrate with an adventure in Ghana.

No comments: