Wednesday, July 9, 2014

WHAT A GREAT DAY!

This has probably been my best day so far!  We visited a school that won my heart.  You can read all about it on our project blog   HEREl      .
Cynthia Koranteng and her husband
founded Jakcint School
She runs it and is building a beautiful
future for many village children.
She is totally delightful!


Every day is special but this one was extra special.  I'm so impressed with people who give their hearts to blessing the lives of their fellowmen or needy children when they live far below the level we have come to expect in the U.S.


On the way to the school I was able to get a picture of an ant hill.  This one is not the largest I've seen by far but I got a chance for a picture.  So often we are driving and I see things I so want a picture of but can't stop everyone to get it.  Now I'd like a chance to investigate the size of those ants. Are they bigger than ours or just very industrious!


These are a handful of the 50 children taught by thus dear woman  in the early stage school - 2-5 year olds
I love soooo much anytime I can be with the children.   They are such a delight!  Cynthia realized that this was the first time they had experienced "white people".  

It is sometimes hard for me to decide which blog to post on. Growingghana.blogspot.com will contain anything that would especially interest the contributors.  I use nanapothier.blogspot.com for our personal experiences.  Sometimes they seem to overlap.  The "project blog" as I call it has more of the information on the purposes of this trip but to me that's interesting also.  It may not be so much to others.  I will try to reference it when I think there is an entry of special interest.

1 comment:

Momma Fran said...

So good to see your smiling face! If this truly was the children's first experience with white people, they could not have had a better representative than you! Such a cute picture.