Thursday, July 3, 2014

OUR COMFY APARTMENT

During the months leading up to our coming to Ghana Stephen Abu and Hans Mensah were looking for a place for us to live.  Stephen has lived in the U.S. and he was concerned that we find a comfortable spot for our 10 week stay.  Prices were high for such accommodations so many options were considered.

Although the money rate of exchange with the U.S. is 3.1 to 1, the prices are so inflated that it hasn't given us much of an advantage like it did on our trip to Argentina in 2001.

I must admit that when Stephen wrote saying he had found a 2 bedroom apartment in a gated community with A/C that we could share with the McGarys my concerns were laid to rest and  a true excitement began to grow. With airline tickets purchased and an apartment leased, it looked like this trip was FOR REAL!

Balloon Gate Estates in Kwabenyak

No shelving but is clean and has running water
Closet Space - No need for too many clothes






Kitchen
Tools we didn't know we had!
CLUELESS!  JUST LOOK UP!

We were functioning without the kitchen tools we needed so made a list of our needs.  Finally, we got a chance to go to a large store and purchased them.  Later that day, I looked up on the wall, and there were all the tools hanging there neatly.  Now we have two of some items.

We are enjoying our meals at this table.  Our mobile internet is on the table along with two phones. None are totally dependable but we have them and we are grateful!  We've especially been grateful for the internet.

On the weekends Brandon Webster, a BYU Idaho intern, stays with us.  That puts a little pressure on me to come up with decent meals.
I'm not sure that's what you would call them, but I try!

The bed is totally hard but we sleep comfortably and well. It is some kind of a memory foam mattress we think.  It works!  Maybe its just because we are so tired by the time we get to bed!
 

I actually have a vanity. I've never had one before. Our clothes washer works great!

1 comment:

Momma Fran said...

I am a little less worried about now that I have seen your living space. You have more conveniences than I had imagined. I guess I thought you would be washing your clothes in a river on the rocks.
Silly me!